Rule 95: Amenities/Services for Delayed Passengers
- Full Text
- Standard Format of Electronic Rules
- Restricted Items
- Application of Tariff
- Classes of Service
- Special Airport Lounge Facilities
- Refusal to Transport - Limitations of Carrier
- Passenger Expenses En Route
- Administrative Formalities - Passports, Visas, and Tourist Cards
- Liability of Carriers
- Service Animals
- Returned Check Charge
- Revised Routings, Failure to Carry, and Missed Connections
- Schedules, Delays, and Cancellation of Flights
- Amenities/Services for Delayed Passengers
- Acceptance of Baggage
- Rule 100: Conditions and Charges for Acceptance of Special Items
- Acceptance of Pets and Animals
- Checked and Carry-On Baggage
- Baggage Allowance
- Excess Baggage Charges
- Excess Value Charges for Baggage
- Acceptance of Children
- Passengers On Stretchers
Carrier will assume the following expenses for all its passengers, regardless of class of service, incurred as a result of cancellation, delay or interruption of carrier's flight on which a passenger holds confirmed reservations or a passenger paying a standby fare provided such passengers have been cleared for boarding on the flight. Carrier will advise all passengers of the available amenities when a delay is expected to exceed four hours.
- Carrier will furnish hotel accommodations selected by Hawaiian if the delay is expected to exceed four hours during the period of 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Hotel accommodations are not to exceed 24 hours and are not to be in excess of the charge for one night's lodging.
- No hotel accommodations will be provided to a passenger whose permanent domicile is in the area where the delay occurs.
A passenger who would otherwise have received complimentary meal service on a flight which has been delayed or cancelled, will be furnished complimentary meal service at appropriate hours for a period not to exceed 24 hours from the time of flight interruption or until passenger resumes his trip, whichever occurs earlier.
Free ground transportation from the airport to the downtown area or to and from local hotel, whichever is applicable.
One long distance telephone call or one 15-word straight telegram will be allowed within the united states. One message will be allowed to or from a point outside the united states via the carrier's internal communications system in order to request that the carrier involved in transporting the passenger to his final destination, advise a concerned party of delay.
EXCEPTION 1: The provisions above do not apply to passengers at a point of stopover who hold confirmed reservations on a flight which is delayed or cancelled by a work stoppage or slowdown caused by air traffic controllers, or because of governmental weather bureau observations or forecasts indicating that environmental conditions will be such that, at the time of arrival or departure of the flight, the airport may be closed or that weather conditions will be less that the minimum allowed for landing or takeoff as required by the federal aviation administration. If an attempt is made to conduct the flight, all passengers will be informed that an attempt will be made. If the flight operates to the passenger's destination or returns to the passenger's point of origin on Hawaiian, no amenities will be provided.
Note: The above exception does not apply and amenities will be provided to:
- Passengers who are deplaned at a point other than point of origin, stopover point, or destination; or
- Passengers whose onward transportation on the carrier is delayed or cancelled at a connection point intermediate to their destination.
EXCEPTION 2: When an HA flight is delayed or cancelled because governmental weather bureau observations or forecasts indicating that environmental conditions at the airport of destination will be such that, at the time of arrival of the flight, either the airport may be closed, or that weather conditions will be less than minimum allowed for landing as required by the Federal Aviation Administration, passengers originating travel on such a flight will be given that information before departure of the flight. After all passengers have been informed that 1) indications are the flight will be unable to land at their destination or stopover point and 2) that if the flight does not land, HA will not provide amenities of any kind, those passengers who nevertheless elect to travel may be boarded. Passengers who hold confirmed reservations and who have come to the airport to board that flight to that point but elect not to travel after being so informed, will be provided ground transportation from the airport, back to their residence/hotel, but no other amenities will be provided. Passengers making direct connections from another HA flight or any other carrier will be provided full amenities, whether they elect to remain at the connecting point or whether they elect to travel and are landed at a point other than their final destination or stopover point.
EXCEPTION 3: The services and amenities described above will not be provided for flight interruption, cancellation or delay caused by any fact beyond Hawaiian’s control (including, but without limitation, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, riots, civil commotions, government embargoes or regulations, wars, hostilities, disturbances, adverse weather conditions, labor disputes, air traffic congestion, airport closure or interline misconnection due to delay of other carriers) actual, threatened or reported, or caused by any delay, demand, conditions, circumstances or requirement due, directly or indirectly, to such fact.